5 Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
The ultimate goal for all bloggers is to have a steady increase of traffic that will convert into followers and customers. Though many have become successful in building traffic to their blog sites, others are still struggling to get that much needed audience for their blogs.
Take note that aside from dedication and hard work, technique plays an equally important role for traffic generation.
Here are some useful tips that you can use to generate traffic to your website. These have been modified according to changes on web platforms and the recent changes on search engine algorithms.
1. Target audience who will share – for your content to get the exposure it needs, you need your followers to share it, in consideration of the fact many individuals have multiple social media accounts – with a different set of friends and followers. And if these individuals share your content, then you will increase your visitors.
Look for communities, groups, and individuals that you feel would share your content in their pages and friends. You must adjust to these people’s interests, like their preference of presentation or their preferred type of writing and content. Paying attention to these details will guarantee a “share” from these groups.
One of the great ways in getting your content shared is by attaching a video or a picture in it. This is because it becomes more attractive, entertaining, and interesting. And when people are entertained – they will share that content.
2. Get involved – specific demographics tend to congregate on a certain website or forum. It is in these websites that your target consumers exchange ideas and information. Hence, find out where and what these sites are.
Based on their opinions, create content that will get their attention. You also need to get involved with their discussions to send the message that you belong to their group and that you have interesting ideas. When you have established this, other members will voluntarily check out your blogs, thereby increasing your visitors.
Another advantage is that you can create specific marketing strategy based on the interests of a particular community or group.
3. Create SEO-friendly content – the most effective tool to get traffic is from search engines – so you must pay careful attention as to how to use this channel for your blogs.
This is a common mistake of bloggers, as many pay more attention to social media marketing and take for granted the importance of search engines.
Of course, it doesn’t mean that you have to choose just one channel. What is suggested is that you use both channels. Remember that people who go to search engines are looking for something, while not all individuals who log-in at social networks are interested in any topics, as most of them are chatting with friends or playing games. Besides, SEO for blogs is also quite easy to create and manage, so it will be wiser to use them to gain more traffic.
4. Use social media to generate traffic – social networks have the most registered users compared to all other web platforms. Hence, if you can convert 1% of those users as your blog site visitors, then you are making good business.
In light of the number of active social media users, it has become a very important tool for traffic generation. Today, users have to ability to like a page and share that page to their friends in the same social network site or to other sites as well. This is why if you have good social media marketing, traffic generation will never be a problem for you.
Methods to get attention on social sites:
a. Share content – you can share your own content and/or share contents of others. Once you do that, followers of the content you shared becomes your followers, as well as their followers, and the list goes on.
b. Interact with other people – you have to be “social” to get more traffic. Get to know new friends on social sites, join groups, communities and etc. Use hashtags for your content, search hashtags of related contents, and then share these contents as well.
5. Install Analytics – it is also suggested that you install Google analytics, not only because it’s free but because it does a pretty good job. Through this, one is able observe what the tools and platforms that generate the most traffic are, and then you adjust your strategies accordingly to generate more visits and traffic to your blog.
These are just some of the things that you need to know about increasing traffic for your blog. In the long run, what is important is that you are able to have more traffic, to have a better and more successful campaign.
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos.net