Drupal for Dummies
If you are looking for an easier way to manage your new website, then Drupal would be the perfect software for you. It can easily guide you in updating and managing the content on your website like pictures and text. It can also help you in publishing videos, text, blog, polls, etc. Using this open source software can get you building your website in just a couple of hours. With Drupal, you can also have robust user management, menu-handling, real-time statistics in your content. You can use all of these enticing features to create your own site with just a simple download. But how do you use Drupal to start up your own website? Here are a few steps for you to start on your website with Drupal:
First of all, you would need a web hosting account where you can have the Drupal software installed for you to use. Siteground.com is offering a hosting account with free Drupal installation. Click here to find out more on this : http://www.siteground.com/signup.php?term=drupal
To get started with your website, you would need to learn a few basics about the Drupal site. To create new content, all you would have to do is go through the Create content section under the Drupal administrator area. You have two options in creating content, the Page and the Story option.
- The Page option allows you to create a static page;
- The Story option is suitable for a blog or a discussion usage.
To manage your site, you would also need to navigate the Content management section in your administrator area. Here are some options that you should also be aware of under this section:
- The Drupal Comments option allows you to manage the comments on your site, as well as who can or can not post comments on your site.
- The Content option allows you to manage, view, edit and delete the site content. You can publish and unpublish it through this option.
- The Content types option can help you manage posts by content type, including default status and front page promotion. You can also add other content types aside from Page and Story.
- The Post settings option lets you control the post behavior, the length of the posts and the number of posts per page.
- The RSS publishing option can configure your RSS feed publishing.
- The Taxonomy option allows you to manage the tagging, the categorization and classification of your content.
Through these options, you can easily create and manage your own website today. Hurry and download your own Drupal software today! Click here for more information regarding Drupal : drupal.org/