There are there are now 32m people online, 65% of the total GB adult population
Did you know that there are there are now 32m people online, 65% of the total GB adult population? (Source: BMRB Internet Monitor August 2008 and TGI.net wave 15)
Yes, people are spending more time and money online these days. And it’s not just products they’re looking for, according to our own research here on BT Tradespace, they’re searching for consultants, service people, therapists and even time at their local sports centre.
So how do you get your services to stand out from the crowd? Here are our top tips for getting noticed on BT Tradespace.
– You may not think it, but the ‘About us’ section of your site is pretty important for any business. People need to know what your service is about so provide clear detail on your business, what you do and the experience you have.
– List details of your services and their prices on your Tradespace. Just like a physical product, time based services and resources can be displayed on your Tradespace so people can see what you have to offer, e.g. A 1hr business consultation costs £xx.
– We often get service providers commenting that they don’t have pictures to upload for their services. Well, one tip when it comes to pictures is to use stock images that best describes your business or upload pictures of yourself and team. It’s nice to put a face to the name and goes a long way to building trust.
– If visuals are a challenge for promoting your service, use your blog. Blogging about yourself, your industry, your services will not only update your customers but you can also grab their interest with suitable tips (you can also do tip based videos as an idea). Plus, as an added bonus, a regularly updated blog with good content also helps your ranking on search engines, so you can be found more easily.
– Get active in the community. Join a community relevant to your business or perhaps even your local area. If you can’t find a community that suits – you can start your own and invite others to join you. The community is a great place to network with other businesses and responding questions or problems that you can assist with can help build your business.
– When it comes to choosing services, customers tend to be extra choosy – because it’s all about trust. Think about it would you hire a plumber you didn’t know of the web? The way to establish this trust is to show people you’re a credible service provider. So encourage your previous customers to leave a review of your business. These testimonials will help build trust with new customers who are looking to do business with you for the first time.
Of course, we want to help our service providers get the visibility they deserve so to help you turn those great leads from BT Tradespace into customers we’ll soon be launching a fantastic online booking tool that will enable your customers to book appointments with you via your Tradespace.
What’s great about having an online booking service is that it allows you to be on call 24/7 and never miss a lead! So when you’re out of the office, on another call or even asleep, your Tradespace will be working to get you new customers!
In anticipation of our online booking service, we’d love to know how you currently organise the bookings for your business. Simply click on the link below to give us your feedback and we’ll make sure you’re one of the first to benefit from the soon to launch new service.