How to Add Custom Tabs to Your Facebook Business Page
Facebook, because of its popularity, is now being seen by bussiness owners as a very effective marketing tool, a way to help them extend customer base and build customer loyalty.
To be able to maximize the marketing potential of Facebook, here are some tips on how you can customize your business page with additional tabs:
1. Login to facebook as a developer. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and use your normal Facebook login details to access the page.
2. Create your app. Click “Create a New App” located on the top left-hand corner of the page. Provide a “Display Name” and a “Namespace”.
Namespace – unique ID for your app or tab
4. Create the page for your tab. Start creating an external page where people will get directed to after they click on your tab. To make sure that your page content is correctly displayed in Facebook, set the width of your web page to 520px to 810px.
5. Connect your custom tab with an external page. Go back to http://developers.facebook.com/ and go to the “App settings”. Scroll down and click on “Select how your app integrates with Facebook”, then choose “Page Tab”. Name your tab and then paste the URL of the external page you’ve created in Step 4 in the “Page Tab URL” field.
6. Add the tab to your Facebook business page. In order to add your custom tab to your business page, you will have to visit this link:
Before you actually visit the links, make sure that you replace the parts in red – “YOUR_APP_ID” and “YOUR_URL” – with your own app details. Facebook will provide you these details as “App ID/API Key” and “Site URL”, respectively.
After following the steps provided above, your custom Facebook tab should now be displayed below your cover photo together with the standard page tabs like “Photos”, “Events”, etc.
Image by Pixomar (freedigitalphotos)