The Benefits of E-tailing That You Should Know
Also known as electronic retailing, e-tailing is defined as the selling or peddling of retail products in the internet. This has been practiced since the principle of e-commerce began, which is likewise referred to as business to consumer marketing.
E-tailing has a lot of unique benefits to both marketers and consumers compared to regular offline retailing, such as the rapid transaction and availability of products, the attracting of more businesses to use the web as a platform in commerce, and many others – which makes it quite an effective practice, if only one makes the proper use of it.
With the existence of shopping bots and other accessory applications, e-tailers can actually have different forms of transactions to choose from, either for business to business, consumer to business, or consumer to consumer transactions. It likewise provides customers and businesses a wide array of options to choose from – because they offers more flexible paying and pricing systems and they likewise provide more opportunities for businesses to check competition.
E-tailing as a platform will also eliminate the barriers between businesses and consumers, because the information about the product and the business is made easily accessible, making the information readily available.
Here are the some of the top benefits of using e-tailing:
1. You can start with lesser investment – compared to traditional offline retailing, e-tailing doesn’t require businesses to spend a lot of money for business showrooms, outlets, shops, and renting commercial areas – just to make them more visible to the public.
With e-tailing, all the business promotions happen online. Hence, you will be able to operate your business using your online shop in order to advertise, promote, and process purchases and other transactions with your customers. In addition, it also has significantly lower operating costs compared to having a physical store.
2. It is more convenient for you and your consumer – the World Wide Web offers easier and more convenient business transactions compared to offline retailing. This allows business to provide more complete information on their website compared to the information in the brochures that are being handed out by sales representatives. Furthermore, the sales process is only done with a few clicks, starting from the inquiry stage to the closing of the deal – which is obviously a much faster and convenient process.
As mentioned earlier, another advantage of e-tailing is that you don’t have to rent an office to do business. Hence, you can be at your home while you run your e-tailing company – thereby saving you time and effort, and the need to travel to and fro your shop or office.
3. You can interact with your clients – this is another advantage of e-tailing. With this type of interaction – e-tailers can personally connect with their consumers and consumers can give their appropriate feedbacks accordingly, making it an excellent customer service tool.
And with the numerous media available for your customers, such as social networks, videos and emails, the customer is also given multiple options on how to communicate with the company.
With this interaction, businesses can effectively assess in more ways how they can improve their services or products, which in the end, will certainly guarantee a much higher rate of satisfied customer.
4. Provides your business with different promotional platforms – a physical store is only restricted to its area of visibility and accessibility, meaning it can only operate at best – if your shop can be seen and can be accessed by the public – either at the store, the beach or the mall, as the case may be.
Websites, on the other hand, can be accessed to almost all areas where the internet is available, allowing businesses to reach a wider market.
5. Easier for customer to locate your business – with multiple available search engines, customers may have an easier time in locating your business and its branches (if you have a physical store). In here, all that they have to do is type in the product that you are selling, any related services, or company name – and the different locations of your business that are conveniently close will appear.
These are just some of the things that make E-tailing such an important part of business. In the end, what is primordial is that one is able to get all the profits that one may need – and with this platform, earning need not be a problem at all.
Image by Flickr